Dr. Pamela Carlton is a board certified pediatrician with sub-specialty training in adolescent medicine and almost a decade of experience treating adolescents and adults with eating disorders. Prior to opening her practice, she was on the clinical faculty in the Division of Adolescent Medicine at Stanford University School of Medicine. She is the creator and prior director of the Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital’s Adolescent Eating Disorder Parent Education and Support Program.
Dr. Carlton is the author of “Take Charge of Your Child’s Eating Disorder: A Physician’s Step-by-step Guide to Defeating Anorexia and Bulimia”. She is on the National Eating Disorders Association Clinical Scientific Advisory Council and on the advisory board of Eating Disorders Recovery Support, Inc. Dr. Carlton is a frequent speaker at national and international conferences on topics related to the recognition and treatment of eating disorders.
Dr. Carlton is a member of the following organizations:
- The Academy for Eating Disorders
- The National Eating Disorders Association – member of Clinical Scientific Advisory Council
- The International Association for Eating Disorders Professionals – vice president of SF Bay Area chapter
- Association of Professionals Treating Eating Disorders
- Eating Disorder Recovery Support – member of Advisory Board