LA ENTRADA PARENT EDUCATION SERIES
“Understanding Eating Disorders: Helping Your Child Develop a Healthy Body Image” with Dr. Pamela Carlton, MD
Thursday, March 26, 7:00 p.m. at La Entrada Middle School in Menlo Park
How can you help your child develop a healthy body image? Bombarded by media messages that equate weight/body image with attractiveness, both girls and boys may be at risk for developing an eating disorder. Young athletes are particularly susceptible to disordered eating and unrealistic body image.
Register here: https://healthybodyimage2015le.eventbrite.com/
In this interactive workshop, Dr. Pamela Carlton, founder of The Carlton Clinic and creator and former director of the Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital’s Adolescent Eating Disorder Parent Education and Support Program, will discuss:
* General information on the different kinds of eating disorders
* Warning signs of eating disorders
* What to do if you’re concerned that your child may have an eating disorder
* Things you can do at home to help your child develop a healthy body image
* Suggestions for positive ways to reduce stress (e.g., yoga, mindfulness)
Parent Education Series events are free and open to parents, faculty/staff and community members. This event is sponsored by the La Entrada PTA.
For more information, contact Charlene Margot, M.A., La Entrada Parent Education Series, Founding Director, at [email protected] or 650.868.0590.